Bard was just updated.
lord krishna wife
According to the Bhagavata Purana, Krishna had 8 principal wives, known as the Ashtabharya. They are:
- RukminiOpens in a new windowwww.quora.comRukmini, wife of Krishna
- SatyabhamaOpens in a new windowen.wikipedia.orgSatyabhama, wife of Krishna
- JambavatiOpens in a new windowwww.quora.comJambavati, wife of Krishna
- KalindiOpens in a new windowwww.quora.comKalindi, wife of Krishna
- MitravindaOpens in a new windowwww.quora.comMitravinda, wife of Krishna
- NagnajitiOpens in a new windowen.wikipedia.orgNagnajiti, wife of Krishna
- BhadraOpens in a new windowwww.mythoworld.comBhadra, wife of Krishna
- LakshmanaOpens in a new windowen.wikipedia.orgLakshmana, wife of Krishna
Rukmini is considered to be Krishna’s favorite wife. She was the princess of Vidarbha and fell in love with Krishna after hearing his stories. She sent a message to Krishna asking him to rescue her from her arranged marriage to Shishupala. Krishna agreed and abducted her, marrying her against her brother’s wishes.
Satyabhama is the second wife of Krishna. She is considered to be the embodiment of the earth goddess Bhudevi. She is known for her fiery temper and is often jealous of Rukmini.
Jambavati is the third wife of Krishna. She is the daughter of the bear-king Jambavan. She is known for her strength and courage.
Kalindi is the fourth wife of Krishna. She is the daughter of the river god Yamuna. She is known for her beauty and grace.
Mitravinda is the fifth wife of Krishna. She is the daughter of King Jayasena of Avanti. She is known for her intelligence and wit.
Nagnajiti is the sixth wife of Krishna. She is also known as Satya. She is the daughter of the serpent king Vasuki. She is known for her wisdom and compassion.
Bhadra is the seventh wife of Krishna. She is known for her loyalty and devotion.
Lakshmana is the eighth wife of Krishna. She is also known as Madra. She is known for her beauty and charm.
In addition to these eight principal wives, Krishna is also said to have married 16,108 other women. However, these marriages are not mentioned in the major Hindu scriptures and are considered to be mythical.
It is important to note that the number of wives that Krishna had is a matter of debate. Some sources say that he had only 8 wives, while others say that he had 16,108 wives. The number of wives that Krishna had may vary depending on the religious tradition or the text that is being referenced.